Change user password after limited user to a company

quiNavquiNav Member Posts: 17
Hi experts,
- Does anyone know why when you assigned an user to a company, then you cannot change password of that user (the Tool>Security> password... dimmed)
- When you removed the company out of the user, then you can change password of that user.

Do you have any ideas about this and help me to change the password but also keep the limitation of user to a certain company.

Many many thanks to all your supports.

QuiNav

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi QuiNav,

I have tested the scenario as you have described and it works for me :(

Have you examined the role(s) the user is beening assigned and that the role(s) have the permission to change thier password

i.e. system -> 5830 -> Tools,Security,Passwords.

Hope this helps.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • arindomarindom Member Posts: 52
    in addition of quiNav answer .you have to also apply company name in permission .Then that user only able to access that company data . or there is two company A /B if you want the user can change the B company password but not A then consider the company in permission .
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Main question: MS SQL or Native DB?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • quiNavquiNav Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for your responses.
    For more clearer the situation,
    - the database is MS SQL, it has 5 companies.
    - the role of user has the permission to change pass (5830).
    - when user role associated with a company then the tool>security > password... dimmed. When remove the company out of the user role, then the tool>security>password... enabled and we can change the pass.

Who have the same problem like mine, please help me how to solve?
    (it's very stupid that every time user want to change his pass, the admin must unassign the company in the permission to allow user change pass, after that the admin must reassign company to the user role)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    you need to have the permission for changing password in role, which is assigned to the user, must be assigned without company. Because in this case you are "allowing" the user to change the password just for the one company, but because the password is for all companies same, you need to have this permission across all companies.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • quiNavquiNav Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for all of your kindly responses.
    I knew why I stucked there (it's very simple) ](*,) :
    1) All my setup are correct, including grant the permission.
    2) When I logged in with the user role, I tried to change the pass without choosing a company. And the limited permission role didn't allow me to do that.
    3) So I had to choose the company first then I could change the pass easily.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi QuiNav,

Just an idea :idea: (not tested) - have you tried to add a new role with just system -> 5830 -> Tools,Security,Passwords which is not company limited for the user. I'm guessing that the system is testing for this if you have no comany selected. Also check if the company limited role will override this permission

Worth a try
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html