Due date on vendor ledger entry not copied from Jnl Line

Debbie140Debbie140 Member Posts: 52
A client of mine had an issue where they post a purchase journal and the due date is calculated from the payment terms and the posting date as you would expect.

In the vendor ledger entry the due date is the posting date and does not take into account the payment terms. I would have expected the due date to be taken from the due date on the journal line.

Does anyone know of anything that could cause this.

Thanks

Debbie

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    it's an easy test -
    enter a journal entry and select a vendor (any vendor with terms say NET30)

assuming the terms are set up correctly...

If you have the due date showing you will see the posting date matches the due date.
    NOW change the Document Type to Invoice. You should see the due date now change.

So my guess is they are either leaving the type blank or making it a credit memo, etc.
  • Debbie140Debbie140 Member Posts: 52
    Thanks for the reply. They are definatley creating an invoice.

The problem is not on the Journal Line. The due date calculates correctly on the journal line. It is when you post and then go to the vendor ledger entry. the due date on the ledger entry is the posting date that you entered on the journal line.

I wondered if there was some setting like not having the correct document type selected (I have already checked this one though)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I did a test myself just now.
    If I enter a Doc Date, External Doc, Account Type, No , Due Date and Amount....

The due date remains correct.

Now if I manually change the Due Date to some other date other than the calculated date from the Terms..the second I enter the Balance Account No and hit enter to drop to the next line I see the Due Date Revert BACK to it's calculated due date. The manual entry did not stick.

But I can arrow back up tot hat line and re-enter the due date and this time it stays.

So it seems critical the sequence of the entry.
    Perhaps they are manually entering the due date and not leaving the line.
    They need to click on any other line to see if the date changes & if so go back & change it before posting.