Close Income Statement

jnariojnario Member Posts: 21
Our accountant have run the Fiscal Year -> Close Income Statement twice accidentally which created duplicate entries in the General Journal and then POST those duplicate entries. She run the Close Income Statements with Dimension parameter which created thousands of lines.

How do we reverse the 2nd entries and just leave the first entries by not performing manual journal entries for 10,000+ lines. Can I perform dataport import process to upload those entries in the General Journal lines? Is there any program wherein I can perform reversal of the 2nd entries?

Our Nav version is 3.70. Need expert advise on how to handle this problem.

Thanks

Joel

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    That sound like a whole bunch of UGLY!

Now if your run it and post it - it won't fill the Journal again.

I've never tried running that twice. creating a journal & then did the accountant change the Gen Journal Batch Name and re run it - or did they both get gereated into the same journal. Either way I bet this never happens to you again.

As you can see if you run it again now lines will appear in the journal .
    I would have to think you need to export those entries out or copy & paste them in to excel. *-1 on the amount fields to change a pos to a neg and a neg to a pos. therefore reversing just one of the entries.

Create a dataport to bring it back into the gen journal & post.
    All dates the same!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jnario wrote:
    Our accountant have run the Fiscal Year -> Close Income Statement twice accidentally which created duplicate entries in the General Journal and then POST those duplicate entries. She run the Close Income Statements with Dimension parameter which created thousands of lines.

How do we reverse the 2nd entries and just leave the first entries by not performing manual journal entries for 10,000+ lines. Can I perform dataport import process to upload those entries in the General Journal lines? Is there any program wherein I can perform reversal of the 2nd entries?

Thanks

Joel

Its quite simple actually. The routine is self correcting, which is how its possible to run it multiple times after you make adjustments.

Just run it a third time and the journal will correct out the second adjustment. Of course there will be a LOT of messed up entries (in triplicate) but at least its resolvable.

BTW you are not the first to do this, I have seen it happen a few times, where they run the journal twice, post one, then somethgin seems wrong and they see the second journal and think they forgot to post it, so they post it again.
    David Singleton
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jnario wrote:

Thanks

Joel

Its quite simple actually. The routine is self correcting, which is how its possible to run it multiple times after you make adjustments.

Just run it a third time and the journal will correct out the second adjustment. Of course there will be a LOT of messed up entries (in triplicate) but at least its resolvable.

BTW you are not the first to do this, I have seen it happen a few times, where they run the journal twice, post one, then somethgin seems wrong and they see the second journal and think they forgot to post it, so they post it again.

OH and of course test this on a test system first of course ... just in case.
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from Navision Attain forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!