FRx For Dummies

bhalpinbhalpin Member Posts: 309
I am trying to figure out how to get started with FRx &Nav 5.

First, I have three Cds labelled:

Microsoft FRx 6.7
Integration Designer 2.5
Data Refresher for Microsoft Business Solutions Navision 3.7/4.0, for
Native Database

Microsoft FRx 6.7
Integration Designer 2.5
Data Refresher for Microsoft Business Solutions Navision 3.7/4.0, for
Microsoft SQL Server Database

Microsoft FRx 6.7
For FDM 7.0

First question: Is this version even gonna work with NAV 5? If not, is there one that does? Is it on PartnerSource?

About all I can assume from the titles of the 1st two are that one is for use with an SQL database, and the other is for the NAV native DB.

I have to say that I have read a lot of the documentation on the CDs, but it is missing what I need most:

What is the product?
There's no 'big' picture' with a little meat on the bones to get me oriented.

What are the components?
Like, what is an 'Integration Designer' or a 'Refresher', and why would I want one?

What do I install first?

...?

I tried diving in installing the 'Native Database' version, but within 30 seconds the install died because it couldn't connect to the SQL 2005 server I have on my system. But ... why would the 'Native' version be trying to connect to my SQL server?

I have the feeling that once I get past these initial hurdles the documentation supplied will be sufficient - but at this point FRx is pretty opaque.

If anyone has tips or can sketch out a basic roadmap I would be very, very gratefull, and more than willing to compile notes for this forum that others can benefit from.

Bob

Comments