Doubt in Navision Scheduler Server????

kishi_gkishi_g Member Posts: 162
Hi,
I had one doubt in Navision Scheduler Server. I used NavSql DB. I gave the Authorisation setups for Purchase Orders. If i send for Approval in Purchase Order then the Authorised person Reopen the DB. Then only the User Setup form will Appear.

For that I used Navision Scheduler. I created one codeunit in that it will check in the user setup table data is there or not. The Scheduler will run in the Server. If data is there then it will check the Authorised user id. If the the Authorised user already connected to the Server then the user task form will open automatically.

My doubt is I will run the scheduler in Server not all the clients. Is it possible to open the User Setup form in Client machine if the authorised user is equal to USERID.?????

Thanks & Regards,
kishore....

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be better is to use Windows authentication to prevent question for login data.

Of course, you can have some singleinstance codeunit running after opening the company which check through timer if there is some info for the user and if yes, opening the form. You do not need to use some "Navision Scheduler Server" (and I am not sure if I understand correctly what you are naming by this...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kishi_gkishi_g Member Posts: 162
    Hi Kine,
    Thanks for ur reply. In "Company Open" they wrote the code for user Taks.

IF UserTask.READPERMISSION = TRUE THEN BEGIN
    UserTask.RESET;
    UserTask.SETRANGE("User ID",USERID);
    UserTask.SETRANGE(Status,UserTask.Status::" ");
    IF UserTask.FIND('-') THEN
    IF CONFIRM(Text019,TRUE,UserTask.COUNT,UserTasks.CAPTION) THEN
    UserTasks.RUN;
    END;

Every time i open the company and i see the User tasks form after that i approved the Orders. It is very difficult. Thats what iam using Job Scheduler Management(form-6094). If i run this scheduler in Server machine will it popup the user task form in client machine if the data is exist????

Thanks & Regards,
    kishore...
    Of course not. It is not working in this way in NAV. Application server is just another client but without GUI. You cannot open form from one client on another client. The clients are separate processes which cannot communicate with each other by default.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kishi_gkishi_g Member Posts: 162
    Hi Kine,
    Thanks for ur reply. But all are connected to the same server.

Thanks & Regards,
    kishore.
    Yes, but the server is just a database server, nothing more. You can do something like table where you can insert some "message" for some "client" which will check this table for new messages in some timer, but you must define what identifies the client (computer name? user name? both?). Than the client can popup some form based on some record in this table, and you can insert the records from application server. But as I wrote, there is no default solution and you need to develop your own... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.