Receiving Stock As A Sale

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I'm looking at the possibility of implementing Navision for a waste processing company. One area to consider is that they make a charge (sale) for authorities to tip their waste at their site. However the quantity of waste needs to be recorded as it is the raw material for their recycled products. So effectively they are charging a sale for receiving stock. Just wondered if anybody has tackled a similar situation in Navision?

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    I don’t exactly waste business process. I know that exists some add-ons to that area.
    Trying answering your question. Can’t you simply sales a purchase invoice a zero cost of items and after making a sales invoice of that service?
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I realise I can post a purchase receipt/stock journal after invoicing the service, just wondered if anybody had done a clever one-step-solution for it.

Jonathan
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    You could make some kind of customization for that. I won’t be difficult to achive that.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi,

I'm looking at the possibility of implementing Navision for a waste processing company. One area to consider is that they make a charge (sale) for authorities to tip their waste at their site. However the quantity of waste needs to be recorded as it is the raw material for their recycled products. So effectively they are charging a sale for receiving stock. Just wondered if anybody has tackled a similar situation in Navision?

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I know its hard to say this to a prospect,but really its too early to start thinking at this level of detail. Handling of Receipts though return orders, stock values and Receivables vs Payables are all issues we resolve every day in NAV. Long since past are the days when ERP systems had rigid limitations that precluded certain business operations. And that's not just NAV; basically any major ERP system more than 10 years old that has still survived on the market would not be here if it could not handle these issues, either out of the box or with some customization.

Basically your prospect needs to compare an ERP system to a Vertical Solution. If they go the ERP way, then you need to convince them that you are the right partner, that can address all their needs, and deliver a solution that will bring a true ROI to them.

Any programmer can code what they are asking for, and make a pretty demo, but is that really a long term solution. Sell your company as the right partner, and use NAV as the tool to bring them live, and don't get dragged into a demo war with another product. The prospect needs to know that thy can trust you, NOT that they can trust Navision.
    David Singleton
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Hi David,

I just wanted to say that was a very refreshing post to read! I totally agree with everything you say, you have touched on exactly the position I often find myself in. I feel I'm often put in a position where there is too much emphasis on knocking up a demo in order to win a product war. Like you say it should be the partner who sells themselves. Good to hear.

Jonathan
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi David,

I just wanted to say that was a very refreshing post to read! I totally agree with everything you say, you have touched on exactly the position I often find myself in. I feel I'm often put in a position where there is too much emphasis on knocking up a demo in order to win a product war. Like you say it should be the partner who sells themselves. Good to hear.

Jonathan

=D>
    PS thanks for listening, I preach this a lot, but not often someone hears what I say. :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    I know its hard to say this to a prospect,but really its too early to start thinking at this level of detail. Handling of Receipts though return orders, stock values and Receivables vs Payables are all issues we resolve every day in NAV. Long since past are the days when ERP systems had rigid limitations that precluded certain business operations. And that's not just NAV; basically any major ERP system more than 10 years old that has still survived on the market would not be here if it could not handle these issues, either out of the box or with some customization.

Basically your prospect needs to compare an ERP system to a Vertical Solution. If they go the ERP way, then you need to convince them that you are the right partner, that can address all their needs, and deliver a solution that will bring a true ROI to them.

Any programmer can code what they are asking for, and make a pretty demo, but is that really a long term solution. Sell your company as the right partner, and use NAV as the tool to bring them live, and don't get dragged into a demo war with another product. The prospect needs to know that thy can trust you, NOT that they can trust Navision.

..sound familiar? :roll:
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    I made a solution for waste processing, separation of mixed waste and so on. And of course, customers are invoiced for received waste, vendors are paid for shipped waste.

If you are interested, pm me.