Cost variance in sales order? (standard cost)

crx1983crx1983 Member Posts: 4
Hi
I have item with standard cost 5.
When I buy this item with price 7 i get also value entry line with variance.
But what about sales?
When I try to sell this item with price 12 i get only value lines with direct cost (5). Shouldn't navision make also line with variance? Or maybe i have forgot about something...?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I used to get very worried about costs. But then I found the Magic that is the Adjust Cost-Item Entries Report. It freed me from being in the fetal position when the accountants came a calling :wink:
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    crx1983 wrote:
    Hi
    I have item with standard cost 5.
    When I buy this item with price 7 i get also value entry line with variance.
    But what about sales?
    When I try to sell this item with price 12 i get only value lines with direct cost (5). Shouldn't navision make also line with variance? Or maybe i have forgot about something...?

You are confusing Cost and Price. Standard costing relates only to the cost of the item, not the sales price.

Even if you were looking at COGS, then you are still missing this. Purchase variance in any case is not put to inventory, that the whole point of variance.
    David Singleton
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Your standard cost is your standard cost, your COGS will always be stadnard and there will never be a sales variance. The variance is captured as a purchase price variance and that is where it ends.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen