Options

synchronization did not occur in Navision Web portal

DilysDilys Member Posts: 15
edited 2004-10-29 in Navision e-Commerce
Net work set up
I have 3 servers working
A web server that has commerce server 2000, IIS, Navision web portal, SQL server 2000, MSMQ and analysis server, al running on a windows 2000 server. Navision application server is on its own server. And the navision database in on another server an SQL server.

So as you can tell I am working off 3 servers. Also I am not using navision database but I am using MS SQL server 2000 databases even for the navision back end.

Problem
All I am trying to do is run the pup files. However the demo database is not synchronizing. The irony is that the Navision synchronizing services is running.Furthermore I do not have a user interface for the navision web portal even tough I have installed it. Is there a user interface for Navision Web Portal?

My question now is how do I get synchronization to occur?
I read somewhere to call the code unit, how do I go about this? Where do I call the code unit from? Is in in NAS( Navision aplication server) or the web portal? OR Navision attian the navision database?
Furthermore do you have the training manual for Navision Commerce portal? If yes is there a site I can download an English version? I am based in the states and it’s very difficult to get information on navision.
I am very sorry for pestering you all . However, thanks a million in advance for all your help. :cry: :? :(
dilys

Comments

• Options
    mandykmandyk Member Posts: 57
    Unpacking PUP will not synchronize your back end demo database to the front end database automatically. What you need to do is Force synchronization. (Commerce Portal--> Periodic Activities --> Synchronization) Highlight all the tables and run Function--> Force Synchronization.
    It takes awhile till its get finish, You can check the synch. process by opening the Commerce Portal Status Card in Communication tab.

The No. of Records to be Updated number should rolling down to indicate the things in synch. Otherwise you have problem with your NAS for synch. setup. :)

About the logistic needs, If you working with Ms. Navision partner company, you should able to get all your need in Partnersource portal.
  • Options
    DilysDilys Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for your response. I think the problem here could be the fact that I do not have a graphic user interface for commerce portal. Despite the fact that I have commerce portal installed. Can anyone please guide me on what to do in order for commerce portal user interface to be displayed? Thanks
    dilys
  • Options
    tyrrestruptyrrestrup Member Posts: 10
    Diley,

Which version are you using?? You should have a menuitem on the main menu for Commerce Portal. This is where you force the full synchronization.

Also have you set up a Windows Authorization account for NAS to log onto the Navision server?? You can check this by looking in the Application log on the NAS Server box. It will tell you if you logged onto the Navision server successfully with NAS.

Christian
  • Options
    groovergroover Member Posts: 31
    I managed to get Commerce Portal 3.70.A to work putting really everything on 1 and the same machine. 3 differences:
    1. Commerce Server 2002;
    2. Navision Database is native Navision (that should not be a problem);
    3. Nas and Navision Server are on the same server (but this should not be a problem, I guess).
    Is there any synchronisation between Navision and SQL (check for the commerce_ tables in SQL Enterprise Manager?
    Do you see anything in the eventviewer? What is the startupparameter for the NAS? Which account did you use to start the NAS? Have you setup this account as a Windows Login? What does MSMQ say? Have you checked the CP Setup table in Navision.

One thing you could do to check the synchronisation:
    - stop the NAS
    - force a replication of e.g. the language and the country table from within Navision (Main Menu, COmmerce Portal, Periodic Act., Synchronisation).
    - check whether there are records in table 6224 (Synch. Mgt.)
    BR,
    Groover