Unable to change Bin in Warehouse Put-away if not UOM Base

Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
I am working on the Navision 5.0 Warehouse management when I noticed this issue. I found that it is not possible to post a Warehouse Put-away if the UOM is not base and the Bin code is changed. Anyone has a solution to this?

Steps to create the error message.

Setup
1. Location
Create a Location (e.g. PURPLE) with the following options checked.
- Require Receive
- Require Shipment
- Require Pick
- Require Put-Away
- Bin Mandatory

Create one or more bins for this location.

2. Item

Create an item with two unit of measures (e.g. PCS & PACK). Set PCS as the base unit of measure.
Transactions

1. Purchase Order
Create a Purchase Order for this item, with Unit of Measure in PACK (non-base UOM).
2. Warehouse Receipt
Create a Warehouse Receipt for this order and select the Bin Code you have created earlier.
Post-Receive the warehouse receipt.
3. Look for the Put-Away created by the system upon posting of warehouse receipt. Change the Bin to another Bin.
Post the Put-Away.

You will get error message at this point of time.
Tan Eng Siong

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    what bin you use? You must select bin, which bin type has put-away selected
  • Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
    I have changed from one bin to another. I also have the requirement Bin Mandatory. The changing of the bins should not be the issue.
    Tan Eng Siong
  • Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
    I don't believe it. This is the official reply from Microsoft. This is useless for most cases. Most users are buying things in Purchase UOM. The users also want the ability to distribute the stocks manually to the different bins.

This is the official reply from Microsoft:
    In Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0, an item can use multiple units of measure. For example, an item can be stored in pallet, in case, and in piece. Usually, the smallest unit is the base unit of measure. In this example, piece is the base unit of measure. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 sets the base unit of measure to 1. In this example, 1 case is equal to 10 pieces, and 1 pallet that contains 25 cases is equal to 250 pieces.

Sometimes, you may track the inventory in bins by using multiple units of measure. To enable the feature to use multiple units of measure for bins, follow these steps: 1. In the Navigation Pane, click Warehouse, expand Setup, and then click Locations.
    2. In the Location Card dialog box, click List on the Location menu.
    3. In the Location List dialog box, click the location that stores items for which you use multiple units of measure, and then click OK.
    4. On the Warehouse tab, click to select the Directed Put-away and Pick check box.
    5. Close the Location Card dialog box.
    Note The Bin Mandatory option alone does not support multiple units of measure in bins.
    Tan Eng Siong