Item Category Dimension

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

Maybe I imagined it but I'm sure there is a way to connect Item Categories to a dimension to help with analysis reporting. Can anybody remind me how this is done?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Comments

• arindomarindom Member Posts: 52
    there no connection with Item Category and dimension .But u can create report .
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    There is no standard connection to Item Category. But nothing forbids you to add the 2 global dimension fields (in the 50000..99999-range, or your add-on range) and add the dimension form to the item category. You will need to add some code in the tables to which you want to copy these dimensions (I am thinking about the item table for example).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• arindomarindom Member Posts: 52
    you have create a new report .Through analysis by dimension it's not posible .
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I've found the bit I was thinking of - there's an option on the Inventory Setup (Dimensions tab) called 'Item Group Dimension', but I can't find where this is used in the analysis reports - any ideas?

Jonathan
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    When you are inserting the lines there is an item group option in the analysis report - whatever dimension you have set here will be created as the lines on the analysis report.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen