Built-in Navision check for duplicate invoices

epartyeparty Member Posts: 24
Hi Everyone,

Do you know if Navision has a built-in check for possible duplicate invoices? For example, in SAP you can configure the system to check durning invoice entry one or more of the following fields for duplicates: vendor, gross invoice amt, external document number (ven invoice), invoice doc date. In an event duplicates are found, a warning message will be shown to the user. If Navision has such control, do you know where I should look to verify that it is in place?

Many thanks for your assistance!
Martin

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Nav has seperate tables for Sales orders which then turn into Posted Sales Invoices. The Sales Invoice Header table has "No." (Invoice No) as a primary key. The primary key will not allow a duplicate invoice#.

It's usually generated by the No Series anyway so i can enter 10 of the same order but the nunber series will keep increasing 1001,1002,1003

Other keys for this table are
    Order No
    Sell-to Customer No. & External Document No.
    Sell-to Customer No. & Order Date
    & More

to view the keys go into Tools Object Designer. Clic on a table->Design->View->Keys

Now I can see here that when you post the order you will find out if it's a duplicate or not. But assuming you want to check if a certain inv already exists (by PO# for example) you will have to program some code to check this that # exists alreay on validate.
  • epartyeparty Member Posts: 24
    Maybe my initial post was not very clear, so I will try to provide more info. My question is related to pucrhase invoices. As the AP department receives invoices they are entered into the system. For whatever reason, lets assume that one invoice is entered twice by mistake. Navision will generate a unique doc_no and if it is posted it will result in a duplicate invoice in the system. What I am looking for is a built-in check that looks at the vendor, invoice_amt, external_doc_no (vendor invoice no) and/or doc_date (vendor invoice date) fields and if they are identical to alert the end-user before posting the documents.
    For PO's You enter the Vendor Invoice Number. It will not allow the same Vendor invoice Number (External Doc Number). It will tell you it already exists when you go to post.

Yes the doc number will be different but It's All about the External Doc number here.
    External Document No.,Document Type,Vendor No.
    Look at table 25 for the keys for the Vendor Ledger Entry Table
    you can't have the same Ext Doc No for the same doc type for the same vendor.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    eparty wrote:
    Maybe my initial post was not very clear, so I will try to provide more info. My question is related to pucrhase invoices. As the AP department receives invoices they are entered into the system. For whatever reason, lets assume that one invoice is entered twice by mistake. Navision will generate a unique doc_no and if it is posted it will result in a duplicate invoice in the system. What I am looking for is a built-in check that looks at the vendor, invoice_amt, external_doc_no (vendor invoice no) and/or doc_date (vendor invoice date) fields and if they are identical to alert the end-user before posting the documents.

This is a built in function that's standard in NAV since version 1.2.
  • epartyeparty Member Posts: 24
    Thanks everyone for your help!
    note: When posting you can use "Test Report" It will also tell you if there are any problems..

Example/
    http://savatage99.googlepages.com/PostingWarning.JPG