Upgrade from NAV 5.0 (SQL) to 5.0 SP1 (SQL)

hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
Sorry for the newbie question, but I would like to know if I have to perform any kind of conversion when moving to SP1. We use standard NAV 5.0 with SQL and use about 40 databases, each with 40 companies.
Within a few weeks SP1 will be released in Dutch.

Do I have to install from scratch or do I install SP1 'over' 5.0?
Are there any changes to be made at databases?
Is there a standardroutine when installing SP1?

Thanks for your help!
Hans van der Hoeven
Avans University of Applied Science
The Netherlands

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Of course, you can do just technical upgrade to have all the new "technical" things.
    2) Of course, there are changes in the objects which are solving some bugs and there are some new features too. Just look into the Change documentation on the install CD (e.g. from the W1 version). You can apply these changes to prevent problems from known bugs etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
    kine wrote:
    1) Of course, you can do just technical upgrade to have all the new "technical" things.
    2) Of course, there are changes in the objects which are solving some bugs and there are some new features too. Just look into the Change documentation on the install CD (e.g. from the W1 version). You can apply these changes to prevent problems from known bugs etc.

Thanks!

But maybe.... can you be more specific about my questions?
    Thanks in advance!

Hans
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Do I have to install from scratch or do I install SP1 'over' 5.0?
    Are there any changes to be made at databases?
    Is there a standard routine when installing SP1?

-If you want, you can have both version "side by side"

-Yes, SP1 is not using SIFT tables anymore and instead is using indexed views. It means that the database will be converted.

-Same as in other versions.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • farrelfarrel Member Posts: 25
    kine wrote:
    -Yes, SP1 is not using SIFT tables anymore and instead is using indexed views. It means that the database will be converted.

Is this mean that I only have to install the SP1 on the server? Because am planning to implement SP1 of NAV 5.0 on my client.

I am worried because am using NAV 5.0 and i did some work around to make Nav 5 work on Win 2000.

Regards and Thanks,
    Farrel
  • jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Talking about upgrading to 5.0 SP1, the upgrade toolkit is released I believe..

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... V50SP1.htm

Any 1 tried yet?
    Rgds,

Jon.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jonsan21 wrote:
    Talking about upgrading to 5.0 SP1, the upgrade toolkit is released I believe..

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/releases/MicrosoftDynamicsNAV50SP1.htm

Any 1 tried yet?

:mrgreen: I am sure many Indian clients will be happy to see that the Indian upgrade tool kit has been released for 5.00SP1. Though since the Indian verison of 5.00SP1 is not released, not sure what use it will be ](*,) #-o
    David Singleton
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Is it just me or is the upgrade toolkit a little lacking on documentation ?