Options

Navision 2.6 FDB db to SQL 2000

shatashata Member Posts: 13
edited 2008-04-25 in SQL General
hi guys,

I am now trying to update my Navision 2.6 FDB db to SQL 2000.
I need to know the complete procedure to import from FDB to SQL in details.
plz. help.

regards,
Shata

Comments

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Look for "w1w1isql.pdf" in the doc folder of the NAV CD. This will give you the steps required.

I would strongly suggest you consider an upgrade. Version 2.60 was very early in the NAV venture with SQL Server.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    bbrown wrote:
    Look for "w1w1isql.pdf" in the doc folder of the NAV CD. This will give you the steps required.

I would strongly suggest you consider an upgrade. Version 2.60 was very early in the NAV venture with SQL Server.

I think it would be fine to do a Technical upgrade, and 2.60 objects should run on 5.00 executables. I do agree that its not good to move to 2.60 SQL executables.

NAV technical upgrade - Dynamics

NAV database upgrade - Dynamics
    David Singleton
  • Options
    bbrown wrote:

I think it would be fine to do a Technical upgrade, and 2.60 objects should run on 5.00 executables. I do agree that its not good to move to 2.60 SQL executables.

NAV technical upgrade - Dynamics

NAV database upgrade - Dynamics

I was also thinking more of a technical upgrade (at least) but I would also budget some time for performance tuning. Upgrading to the new clients give you some more options in that area.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Member Posts: 93
    Just an FYI but I think support for SQL 2000 ended on 4/18. You may want to consider SQL 2005.
  • Options
    Nobody wrote:
    Just an FYI but I think support for SQL 2000 ended on 4/18. You may want to consider SQL 2005.

Mainstream support ended on April 8, 2008 but extended support is available thru April 9, 2013.