Label Printing

lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
Is it possible to print labels from Navision directly onto std labels. I would like to print labels for all our inventory to stick onto shelves and bins in our stores, i would wish to include the description field.
can anyone help.

thanks Alan

Comments

• KrytonKryton Member Posts: 8
    hi Alan,

A few ways to do this, ut can you confirm the following;

What version are you using? And is it SQL or native? And if you are using v5, do you have the style sheet functionality turned on?

What information do you want on the label (you mentioned description, but do you need bin location information, or is this a static one to one relationship between the bin and the item).

There is no standard label report in NAV, so the simplest way would be to export this into Word, and use the label capability of Word (I am also assuming that by std labels you are referring to the Avery laser jet labels, or something similar).

In terms of getting the information out, ODBC to Word, Stylesheets, or a simple dataport will do the job,

If it's easier, just do a copy on the item list, paste this into Excel, save as a csv, then use Word mail merge functionality to create a mail merge doc with all your items in it.

hope this helps
  • lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
    HI KRYTON

We have version 4.0 of navision.
    I only need the item number and description printing, if I can export or print directly this would save someone a lot of time typing manually.
    we have our navision networked around the company, i think it is SQL!
    alan
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    do you have report 10137 - Inventory Labels
    http://savatage99.googlepages.com/Repor ... Labels.fob
    it also depends on what you mean by std labels
  • lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
    I do not have the report you mentioned.
    Alan
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I attached it so you can download it and import it.

See if it does what you need. Easily changable if needed.
  • robsmitrobsmit Member Posts: 12
    Nice, all we need now is barcodes on it, and not the true type fonts.
    Anybody able to do a show on an Active-X true scalable barcode report for Navision?
  • robsmitrobsmit Member Posts: 12
    Use office Excel / Access with C/ODBC (some VBA to automate is nice to refresh every time)

Some real Label applications offer good access to yopur queries and some to only one table
    (reason in C/ODBC). With Codesoft 10 or Technoriver studio you can produce great labels that way. Doing it in Word is primitive. Then I would install Open Office rather and use Calc !!!

At times you wanto join NAV data with customer data to produce shipping labels other then your warehouse labels

Advanced users might try VFP
  • ca0226ca0226 Member Posts: 2
    Kryton wrote:
    hi Alan,

A few ways to do this, ut can you confirm the following;

What version are you using? And is it SQL or native? And if you are using v5, do you have the style sheet functionality turned on?

What information do you want on the label (you mentioned description, but do you need bin location information, or is this a static one to one relationship between the bin and the item).

There is no standard label report in NAV, so the simplest way would be to export this into Word, and use the label capability of Word (I am also assuming that by std labels you are referring to the Avery laser jet labels, or something similar).

In terms of getting the information out, ODBC to Word, Stylesheets, or a simple dataport will do the job,

If it's easier, just do a copy on the item list, paste this into Excel, save as a csv, then use Word mail merge functionality to create a mail merge doc with all your items in it.

hope this helps
  • ca0226ca0226 Member Posts: 2
    Kryton wrote:

Good point, it seems to resolve my problem, thank you !