Problem with posting 40000 lines in item journals

cojnaviworldcojnaviworld Member Posts: 49
Hi Guys

I have a big problem with a potential customer who are running on 3.70 NAITIVE and they have a very big problem because it's a VERY big company with retails shop and they import around 40000 item lines into a item journal but when they want to post it's blocked the hole system for more than 2 hours, and now I have to find a solution for them.

Can any of your guys propose any specific things to look at?? (I will look at the keys and the code the former dev. have make) but something else or maybe there is standard problem in 3.70??

I hope you guys can help me with a solutions

THANKS in advance

Comments

• rvduurenrvduuren Member Posts: 92
    Assuming your customer uses native NAV database server, the first thing I thought was: MSSQL-NAV, Recordlocking..
    Met vriendelijke groet, best regards,

Rvduuren
  • cojnaviworldcojnaviworld Member Posts: 49
    Hi Rvduuren

They are using a Naitive server :-((

So what to do??
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Use as much cache as possible. And use the COMMIT-cache (make sure have some battery backup).
    Divide the DB into multiple DB-files. All of them on their dedicated (ONLY THAT DB-FILE!!!) RAID1-pairs.
    Try not to superate 5GB per DB-files (and thus per disk).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    See if you can combine the lines. For example

Item A sold qty 1 location C At price 10
    Item A sold Qty 2 location C At price 10

you can change it to one line
    Item A sold qty 3 location C At price 10

You need to run the client from the server. Increase the cache of the client.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    Hi Guys

I have a big problem with a potential customer who are running on 3.70 NAITIVE and they have a very big problem because it's a VERY big company with retails shop and they import around 40000 item lines into a item journal but when they want to post it's blocked the hole system for more than 2 hours, and now I have to find a solution for them.

Can any of your guys propose any specific things to look at?? (I will look at the keys and the code the former dev. have make) but something else or maybe there is standard problem in 3.70??

THANKS in advance

Hi

Post first 400 Lines, COMMIT and wait some seconds and so on...

Eto
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You could use the Job Queue and NAS to schedule it to automatically run in the middle of the night.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Eto wrote:
    Hi Guys

THANKS in advance

Hi

Post first 400 Lines, COMMIT and wait some seconds and so on...

Eto

But do not forget to delete these posted lines before you call commit, else next run or in case of error you will be posting the lines again... :!:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.