[solved] Sales Analysis: Export to Excel

tro#1tro#1 Member Posts: 122
The user tells me it used to work. But since three weeks she gets an error message. I cannot prove if this is correct and if it ever worked.

She goes to
Sales&Marketing/ Analysis&Reporting/ Analysis by Dimensions
She sets some filters and then clicks on
Functions/ Exports to Excel.

A first message appears:
Reference is not valid.

She can only confirm this one with "OK"

Then she gets a second message:
"This message is for C/AL programmers:

An exception was raised in method CreatePivotTable. The OLE control or Automation server has returned error (HRESULT) -2147352567.
The component did not provide the exception description."

It is Nav 4SP2

Thank you all for your imput.

Comments

• gunaguna Member Posts: 4
    if u put budget filter 2001 u won't get the error. try Budget filter 2001
    Thanks and Regards
    Guna
  • tro#1tro#1 Member Posts: 122
    I hope I understood you correctly but...

I guess your Budget "2001" is a budget created by a user and existing at your database only. I do not have a Budget 2001 so I cannot set a budget filter 2001.

I tried to set any other budget filter. But no matter if I set a budget filter or not - I always get the message.
    Just because I did not know what else to do I reinstalled Excel. I hoped it had anything to do with the Pivot-Table. But this did not help.

Do you have any other suggestions?
    I am sorry to bother you guys again but I still have this problem. Maybe some visitors of today do have an idea?

Thank you
    Guna told me that he used a budget filter and then it worked. His filter limited the item analysis view entries. That is why the export worked. Since we do not work with budgets it did not limit my quantity of entries.

But it is obviously a problem of the very many entries why the export does not work. If I set filters on e.g. item numbers then my Export works.

So my next question would be:
    Is there a possibitity to reduce/ compress the item analysis view entries?
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Well you can set your analysis view to be filtered. Or you could move to Excel 2007 where you have less of a limitation on columns/rows.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Exactly. The user now filters on a smaller period of time.
    Thank you