Trailing space in Text Field

MohammedMohammed Member Posts: 42
Hi all,
I'm using Navision 5.0 with SQL Server option. I'm not able to enter trailing space in Text Field. I need to link this field with an external application. In that application the corresponding value is having trailing space.
Is there any solution for this?
Please help

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    The only way that I know to get trailing spaces into a text field in NAV is to dataport them in, and I don't know if that still works.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from Navision Attain forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    In what way are you transferring the Text Field to the external application?

Post some code too.
  • MohammedMohammed Member Posts: 42
    Our client is in a phase of migration from an old ERP product to Navision 5.0. So they are currently using old ERP parallely with Navision, to check data. The Old ERP is communicating with the Nav SQL Server database.
    Problem is with Contact Table. We have created one new text field 'Old ERP Contact Code', this field contains the Contact's Code of the Old ERP.
    for example, in Navision the Contact Code is 'C000001' and in Old ERP the Contact Code is 'STUDI '.
    So, in Navision the 'Old ERP Contact Code' shud contain the value 'STUDI '. We have used text field for 'Old ERP Contact Code' so as to consider trailing space. But it is not taking the trailing space. It is storing 'STUDI' instead of 'STUDI '.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Why do they need trailing spaces?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n