SQL FOB load - permission table error message - HELP!?

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
Hi all

We have a problem in restoring a FOB into a live SQL db, getting the following message.....

You cannot delete or change the type of the Read Permisison field (in the Permission table) before the value is reduced to 0 (zero) or '' (blank) in all records.

The message doesn't make sense because the tables in the FOB are all basic tables and the Permission table isn't one of them. :?

The client recently installed SP3 (going from SP2) so this may be related.

I have asked them to stop/start the SQL services and try loading FOB with no users in the system to start with....

But I suspect they will still receive this message.....so any ideas how to solve would be greatly appreciated :wink:

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    maybe you use security filter (when you give permissions by filtering records)?
    Or maybe you have table that has incorect caption (means permissions) and now you try to overwrite it?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Looks that you are trying to import the Permissions table and that you have changed the type of that field.
    Did you just translate the error from Spanish or were you in English language. My experience is that you best put the language to English to have a better error-message.

Something else to try: did you change the Security Model to Standard. That fixes a lot of problems!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    I could be totally wrong but the error message looks a lot like you're importing a table that has more or less fields as the current table (or one or more fields from the import has a different data type as the corresponding field in the current table); and it wont let you import because there is currently data in the table.

(Which is what kriki said essentially :-# )
  • boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
    Hi all, thanks for the replies. The install is in English & so the error has not been translated.

The Permission table isn't included in the FOB so the system shouldn't be complaining :?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Create a new DB and put all objects (the ones from the DB) in it but without data. Then import the fob to see if it works. Then you can export the tables as text and also the original tables and check what the differences are.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!