Sales analysis report

kangal74kangal74 Member Posts: 15
hi

Someone know how you can use "Sales analysis report" in sales & reporting ?
I want to have the same result than analysis by dimension.
Thanks.

Kangal

Comments

• KrytonKryton Member Posts: 8
    hi,

That's a short question, but long answer....

You will need to create the sales analysis report name (as you would with a dimension) analysis. Then create columns (these are typically the values that you wish to see in your report, such as Sales Year To Date, Sales Amount, Sales Quantity etc). Then create lines (these are the rows in your report, and will typically equate to item codes, or groups, customer codes, or group, or any other dimension summary you wish to report on).

Setting up columns and lines takes some getting used to, so I would suggest you set up one column and one line to begin with, review the results before experimenting some more.

If yo uare simply trying to replicate the dimension analysis, I would ask why you cant just used this tool?

You will find that the sales analysis tool is less time-friendly (i.e. it is harder (but possible) to create a sales analysis report that gives you columns of current month, last month, etc as you could see in the dimension analysis view
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    At the simplest level
    1. Create an Analysis View Card containing the filtered entries you want with the dimensions you wish to analyse attached. Update it.
    2. Create an Analysis Line Template. You can use the function insert item if you are trying to replicate the dimensions screen.
    3. Create an Analysis Column Template. Create a line showing the sales amount looking at the net change of item entries with the analysis type code SALES-AMT. Create another column for quantity if you wish SALES-QTY
    4. Create an Analysis Report Name bringing your lines and columns together.

Depending upon how you have your columns and lines set in the Analysis view will define how you want this, but as my erstwhile ex-colleague states (I presume it is him :D ) why bother with the effort if you already have the view!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • kangal74kangal74 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for your reply.
    I think i find the problem .
    The problem is in the column template.
    It's the comparison date formula.
    I need 12 columns to have the sales amount of each customer.
    What's the rules ?

I do that because with the analysis by dimensionn, i don't have the customer.
    ( i think)
    best regards.

kangal
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Well you would set it to -1m, but it will depend upon the calendar and how the date filter is set initially. As you have full control over the date periods you need to manually set this to a month to get the comparison periods to work. Not something I have done in this area in this manner.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen