Company settings - food.xml, furniture.xml, hightech.xml etc

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
In c:\program files\microsoft dynamics nav\cside client\company settings\en-US there a several files by default. These files contain some of the options created in a new company.

Does anyone know a way of generating one of these files from a working company? - other than editing an xml file by hand.

Ian

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    At first you need to import structure to tables 8601 and 8602 (as i remember this info is inside existing xml files). Then you can use reports 8600 and 8601 to create this data
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    hmm, I have neither of these tables, nor the two reports
    these objects are from RIM first version (not second). It were included in NAV from version 3.70B (as i remember). So which version you are using?
    Stupid of me, I should have said. I'm using Nav 5.0
    Then use RIM 2 version. It has form 8614 which allows you to easily move information from one DB to another by creating xml files or Excel files.
    I didn't know what RIM was so I did some digging. For other people who are reading this the toolkit for the US can be downloaded from partnersource

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

Thanks for the pointer - I'm going to have to try and track down one for the spanish market.