Options

Anyone cross trained form Nav into MS CRM?

ajmalsherifajmalsherif Member Posts: 111
edited 2008-08-08 in Dynamics CRM
Hi

I am a NAV application consultant considering this move :roll: and would be grateful for any input such as: how difficult is it to learn, what are the courses like, how long will it take etc? I am told there is a lot of sql server stuff to learn too but that was always on my wish list anyway.

My experience of CRM is what i have implemented in Nav though I know MS CRM is way ahead.

thanks in advance

Ajmal

Comments

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    My experience of CRM is what i have implemented in Nav though I know MS CRM is way ahead.

How so? :-k

<Don't mean to jack the thread>
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ...My experience of CRM is what i have implemented in Nav though I know MS CRM is way ahead. ...

I agree with Alex here, there is no way to compare the two. NAV CRM is not really CRM. In fact in the early days it was called "Navi Marketing Manager" and was used for running marketing campaigns and doing sales budgets etc. it was only renamed to CRM because to sell and ERP system in the US you needed to have a tick box that Said CRM-YES

Dynamics CRM is a whole new ballgame. When you first look at it you will see that it is missing a huge chunk of functionality that is in NAV. But after a while you will actually come to realize that they are two different products. Each with its own business, and its own market.

There is a definite shortage of cross trained people, so if you do it, you will be well positioned in the job market.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    CelenianCelenian Member Posts: 15
    I have two years of NAV experience and now work as a CRM-consultant. It is a great option, so go for it.