Navision Server with two IP-Adresses

tomgtomg Member Posts: 6
We need to setup a Navision Server with two network cards. The access from the first subnet is possible, but from the second one we get a error "TCP/IP-Error: ECONNREFUSED" :-s .
Ping is working and no firewall is active. We also tried both IP-Address and Servername to connect but it won't work.
Anybody any suggestions - is Navision able to work with two network cards?
Thanks for any help!

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Can you tell us why you are trying to do this?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Did you setup Net Type to TCP/IP on both clients?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • tomgtomg Member Posts: 6
    @bbrown
    We want to access the Navision server from a subnet which is accessed through VPN/Citrix and from our internal net.

@ara3n
    Thanks for the hint, i'll check - i think at the moment the network type is set to tcps... :-k
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Is there no routing between the two subnets? You don't need 2 NICs in the server provided you can route between the subnets.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    tomg wrote:
    We need to setup a Navision Server with two network cards. The access from the first subnet is possible, but from the second one we get a error "TCP/IP-Error: ECONNREFUSED" :-s .
    Ping is working and no firewall is active. We also tried both IP-Address and Servername to connect but it won't work.
    Anybody any suggestions - is Navision able to work with two network cards?
    Thanks for any help!

Navision never used to work with 2 network cards, and always having a second card in the server caused problems. Unless something changed and NAV Native now supports multiple network cards. (But I doubt it)

If nothing has changed, then deactivate one of the cards, it does nothing except cause problems.
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or you can use MS SQL as the server...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.