Creating a Key in a Temporary Table

trainhtrainh Member Posts: 4
I have created a temporary table in a processing only report that I need sorted a particular way.

I have read through the fact that a temporary table can only have one key, but for some reason I cannot find how you can actually create the key since it is not a regular table.

Thank you.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    trainh wrote:
    I have created a temporary table in a processing only report that I need sorted a particular way.

I have read through the fact that a temporary table can only have one key, but for some reason I cannot find how you can actually create the key since it is not a regular table.

Thank you.

Hmm you must be reading some VERY OLD documentation. TempTables now support multiple keys, and have for a long time, I think it was version 2.00 that it was introduced.
    David Singleton
  • trainhtrainh Member Posts: 4
    It is possible that I have old documentation, but I am still trying to understand the steps to set up a key for a temporary table.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    a temporary table is based in an defined table (like table 18 ). So you can use all the key in the temp. table which are existing in the based table.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • trainhtrainh Member Posts: 4
    Thank you!