Manual entry of Excise Amount in Purchase Line

paul_navisionpaul_navision Member Posts: 64
Hi All,
In Indian Scenario..if we purchase from a I st or II nd stage dealer. He will pass on the Excise amount which was charged by the original manufacturer to him (I st/ II nd stage dealer).

In my case when I make a Purchase order I am not able to calculate the Excise inclusive in the price charged by the Dealer. How can I input the Excise Basic Amount, E-cess and She-cess amount manually in Purchase Line? Please help me.

Regards

Subhasish

Regards

Paul
Dynamics Nav Functional Consultant

Comments

• rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
    it means do you want to add excise amount in item price? then it is not possible.

when you calculate structure then it will automatically select default excise percentage and posting group.

you must have to change item's excise prod. posting group.
    Experience Makes Man Perfect....
    Rajesh Patel
  • paul_navisionpaul_navision Member Posts: 64
    Hi,

Suppose After Calculation of structure, BED Amount is Rs. 74.25. I want change the amount to Rs. 80. It is not a problem of rounding. I want manual entry in excise amount in puchase line and after posting corresponding entry will generate as per normal case.

Subhasish

Regards

Paul
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Hi,

I want manual entry in excise amount in puchase line and after posting corresponding entry will generate as per normal case.

Subhasish

The case you are talking about is normally found in Indian scenario. just examine the vendor invoice carefully. You will found the Total production and Assesable value, and the excise percent.(the percent will be given as 16 or 14 but actually the percentage differs)

Using those figures, just calculate the per unit assessable value. Create a new excise product posting group with BED calculation type=% of assessable value.
    When creating the PO, just select the new EPPG, show the field Assesable value in the Purchase Line and put the calculated assessable value in this field. Attach the Excise structure and calcutate the values. You will get the exact Excise invoice and the posting will be correct.
    This is tested.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • paul_navisionpaul_navision Member Posts: 64
    Hi All,

It is not the case of Assessable value. If i input in Purchase Line BED Amount, E-cess Amount and She-cess Amount manually, after calculating structure, BED Amount, E-cess Amount and She-cess Amount will be become zero. But Excise Amount in Strcuture line calculate the exact amount that I input. After posting Only RG 23A Part I is updated, not the RG 23A Part II. But I want after posting this transaction posted in all the tables as in the case of normal excise transaction. How these is possible? Please help me.

Regards
    Subhasish

Regards

Paul
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    The option you are asking is "Manual Excise" functionality in which the amount of excise (BED {Basic Excise Duty} & other) is known, when the invoice is received from the vendor.
    I have usually got it customized but making the user fill the BED amount in the purchase line and then doing a reverse calculation for deriving the BED % and assigning the assessable value.
    I do not remember that whether the functionality hasbeen introduced in the latest hotfix or not.....
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • kiranishtkiranisht Member Posts: 6
    So far So good,
    We have set up a manual entry for Excise in Excise setup. Yes it works BUT,
    Consider following scenario

Dealer is Selling me goods Qty: 1 Rate: 100 INR
    Manufacturer has billed him at : Rate: 50 INR + 5 INR Excise
    Hence My Order mentions
    Unit cost: 100
    Asseseable value: 50
    Hence Excise is calculated at : 5 INR

But, in such case: The suppliers account get credited with 105 INR against the 100 INR I am supposed to pay him.
    How do I exclude this 5 INR from getting credited ti his account?