Options

Diferent languages for diferent users on employee portal.

mikmothmamikmothma Member Posts: 5
edited 2008-04-22 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

I'm working at employee portal for Nav 5.0 sql version, and my question is if I can manage diferent language for diferente users on employee portal, this is..Is employee portal prepared for managing diferent languages? so for example a user for USA could see all the information in english, and a user for spain could see all the information and tags from sharepoint in spanish?

Thanks for all.

Comments

• Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

in your question you mix up a lot of things.

We have multiple topics / areas of language.

1. SharePoint itself
    When we talk about multilanguage in SharePoint (and not necessarily with NEP but in general), a site has always one language. If you want to have the links and actions of SharePoint (NOT the NEP web parts) then you have to
    - install the language pack
    - create a second site and choose your language during that process

or if you use MOSS 2007 (==Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server) then you can use page variations.

2. NEP WebPart (layout)
    With layout I mean field captions, tab and action captions (the links). These are completely multilanguage enabled, even if SharePoint is not really.
    This means you can create a different language for an action caption and use that e.g. Spanish in a SharePoint site based on ENU (1033).
    In NAV you can assign a caption to an action / tab by simply setting the caption ID. When you do that through the "normal" request configuration, you will only see captions in the current language of your NAV client.

The captions of fields are coming out from the table object definitions (property Caption ML).

3. NEP WebPart (data)
    This means that the data itself are translated e.g. the item description.
    This is currently not directly used by NEP because NEP reads out the values from the table. But you should be able to use a flowfield which calculates the caption based on a table relation and the GLOBALLANGUAGE C/AL variable.

HTH,
    Rainer