Delete all the transaction

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
I want to delete all the transaction from current db to create new blank db for new finicial year

Among truncate , delete (both sql) or from navision batch job which is the best way to remove all transaction so that there in future inconsistancies or any othe errors
Now or Never

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Best is to use standard tool which is in NAV. And may be first search through the forum (e.g. by google if the native search is not enough for you).

Administration - IT Administration - General Setup - Setup Checklist - Functions - Implementation - Data cleaning

(Form 8600 last tab).

These objects are part of the RIM package.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Hi Kine,

We are working in 3.7 verion.
    There is no such functionality.
    Now or Never
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    You could use the tool "Data Deletion Tool" that can be found on http://dynamicsuser.net/files/folders/n ... fault.aspx
    I want to delete all the transaction from current db to create new blank db for new finicial year
    What will happen to the financial history of the company? I can understand it if you'd want to have a clean empty test database, but for a production database that doesn't make any sense to me. What happens when you remove all the transactions on January 1st, and a customer calls to ask about an invoice you sent to them on December 28?
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi

Have a look at this post
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119880

I normally use the data cleaning in the RIM tool - but the test database is essential :wink:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    kine wrote:

Administration - IT Administration - General Setup - Setup Checklist - Functions - Implementation - Data cleaning

(Form 8600 last tab).

These objects are part of the RIM package.

This is not included in 5.0 NL. Is there a download available or is it included in the 5.1 US?
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Rim V1 was part of 4.0 it's no longer part of 5.0
    So take a look at a 4.0 version.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    Ok, I assume most of the tables are the same.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    navuser1 wrote:

Among truncate , delete (both sql) or from navision batch job which is the best way to remove all transaction so that there in future inconsistancies or any othe errors

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

With the exception of Daniel, did anyone read this post before replying to it?

This is not a request to create a new database, this is a request to start a new financial year.

navuser1, do not delete current transactions, that is not how NAV works. You need to close out the current financial year.
    David Singleton
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    as far as i understand, you want to create a new company for financial year.

1. create a new copany
    2. file->database->Informaton. on this form, click "tables" button.
    3. filter your current company name.
    4. filter "No. of Records" fields so that it shows tables which has equal to or more than 1 record.
    5. Copy list of those tables to excel sheet.
    6. delete transaction tables on excel sheet. you will have about 100 master tables.
    7. open 2 nav clients. one for current company, one for new company.
    8. just copy master tables in excel sheet from current company to new company.

note that in "Analysis View" and "Item Analysis View" tables, you need to zero some fields.

hope this helps.
    Will this insanity ever stop :shock:
    David Singleton
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Very interesting indeed.
    I think the thread starter has other objectives that were not mentioned but just requested for assistance on deleting data to create an empty db.
    Why are we assuming & worrying so much?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    navuser1 wrote:
    ... for new finicial year

Did anyone read that bit?
    David Singleton
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    could the ending which is missing be
    "for a new company setup"? :lol:
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    1) close previous financial year.
    2) make a copy of the database
    3) consolidate data leaving as little information in the ledgers as you think is ok (you can go as far as consolidate leaving one record per year for each item/account etc) which will shrink the database alot
    4) use this new database for your new financial year
    5) for previous years detailed data retrieval use the copy of old database