Session limits not working

TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
My customer runs 4.3 on SQL Server 2005. Their regular Navision users are not being restricted to the session count.

sa can NOT breach the session limit in the license.

All logins are db logins. The regular user accounts have public on the server and dbo on the Navision database.

I want to get the session limits working properly, I seem to recall that there was a bug in this area in the past year or so.

Using SQL Profiler I have snagged the query that is run during login. When run as SA it sees the correct user count, when run as a user, it sees no sessions.

Any ideas?

Chris
Professional Navision Developer

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to turn the Traceflag 4616 through DBCC TRACEON (4616,-1) but rather through -t startup parameter for MS SQL server (look into MS SQL onfigurator application in start menu and there you can modify the startup line for the server).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    Kamil,

I had already thought about that trace flag but I already had it switched on. Any more ideas?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Than I think that it must work... :-/
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    I have pinned it down to the following;

When a normal navision user acesses the session view he sees only himself, but sa can see all sessions.

There the normal nav uses needs more access to the sql server master database, or something like that.