I need to correct a posted invoice

rouxboxrouxbox Member Posts: 8
I need to reverse a posted order (Invoice and Receipt). The reason for wanting to reverse the transaction is because of the following:

1) The supplier is EU with NO VAT charges and I posted it as a default 14%VAT
2) Also, i need to add freight charges and i wanted to post an additional invoice but the system only allows 1 posted invoice per Customer invoice number

The best would be to delete all the entries of the posted invoice

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    The generally accepted way is to do a credit note & re-create & post the invoice.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • hawwahawwa Member Posts: 106
    You cannot delete entries for posted entries. The best way is to port a credit memo and recreate the invoice as suggested by idiot.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    rouxbox wrote:
    I need to reverse a posted order (Invoice and Receipt). The reason for wanting to reverse the transaction is because of the following:

1) The supplier is EU with NO VAT charges and I posted it as a default 14%VAT
    2) Also, i need to add freight charges and i wanted to post an additional invoice but the system only allows 1 posted invoice per Customer invoice number

Hmmm what to say. My job is fixing up disasters created by people doing things like this. One side of me wants to say "Yeah go ahead I need the work" the other side of me says, Naah there is a ton of work out there already, do I really need more?
    David Singleton
  • rouxboxrouxbox Member Posts: 8
    OK - I created a credit note and reversed all the items but how do i reverse a charge as in

(Item-charge) Freight cost
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    rouxbox wrote:
    No that would not be the best. You need to enter and post reverse transactions to correct the one that is wrong.