Dimension analysis - three amount columns on the same view

JTProJTPro Member Posts: 169
Hello all,

I would like to ask you for help with my new task.
My client wants me to create a form (similar to the analysis by dimension), but it needs to contain three amount columns (Actual Amount, Budgeted Amount, Variance) for the same period, on the same view.

For example:
Client wants to see on date 2007-04-17 three columns side by side, containing mentioned amounts.

Any idea how to start with that?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
JTPro
Navision Application Version: 4.0SP1
Navision Database Version: 4.0

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Add a new Field to the Table (preferably at the end of the list so you don't mess up any data in the table, nor cause any major troubles with any other entities that access this table.) named Variance or whatever and...
    Form - OnAfterGetRecord() {
      Variance := "Actual Amount" - "Budgeted Amount";
    }

This will display a value within the new field but not actually save any data to the table.

Or perhaps I didn't understand your question?
  • JTProJTPro Member Posts: 169
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for fast reponse.
    You didn't catch the idea of my problem. The form should be of the matrix type (as Analysis by dimensions). In the case of "Analysis by dimensions" you are able to see Actual Amount, Budgeted Amount, Varinace one by one. There is no possibility to see three amount at the same time, for example for one G/L Account.

As result I should have:
    Left side of the matrix form:
    G/L Account
    Right side of the matrix form:
    1st column: 2007-04-17 - Actual Amount
    2nd column: 2007-04-17 - Budgeted Amount
    3rd column: 2007-04-17 - Variance.

I hope my issue is clear right now.

Best regards,
    JTPro
    Navision Application Version: 4.0SP1
    Navision Database Version: 4.0
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    This doesn't require any modification. You can create an account schedule to do this.

Once the account schedule is create you can use the account scheudule overview to see a form.

Financial Management -> Analysis & Reporting -> Account Schedules (use the Account Schedule ANALYSIS) -> Acc. Sched. button -> Overview.

Then try changing
    (try using the DEFAULT Column Layout Name and the BAL ONLY column layout name to see whats possible).

If you want to learn more about Account Schedules check out this download:
    http://dynamicsuser.net/files/folders/n ... 07306.aspx