Sales pricing functionality

pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
Hi all!
What is the best way to achieve this scenario unsing NAV5?
- Customer orders 4 DOZEN of item A.
- my price is based on EACH UOM not DOZEN ( I can have several different UOM ). On my sales price, I have 1 unit of item A equal 100 $. ( price is always per EACH).

I need to be able to create my Sales order , enter all information given by the customer 4 DOZEN and I need a way for the system to make calculation base on EACH .

Thanks for ideas.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    perhaps I read this too quickly

But if UOM of EACH = 1
    then add another UOM DOZEN = 12

CASE = 72 etc, etc.

Now on the sales order you can enter qty=4 and change UOM to dozen.

If Dozen is how you usually sell the item then keep the
    Base UOM on the item card to Each
    Sale UOM on the Item card to Dozen

and it will defauly to DOZEN automatically on the sales order.

as long as the cost & price is based on EACH then it will automatically calculate correctly for Dozen, Case or whatever other UOM you set up.
  • pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
    Thanks for reply.
    Unfortunately, my standard cost is base on DZ. My selling price is base on EACH ( which means something different for each item).

Ex: Each equal 4*4PRS for item A.
    Each means 5*24PRS for item B,
    Each means 1PRS for item C.

Thanks
    quote="Savatage"]perhaps I read this too quickly

But if UOM of EACH = 1
    then add another UOM DOZEN = 12

CASE = 72 etc, etc.

Now on the sales order you can enter qty=4 and change UOM to dozen.

If Dozen is how you usually sell the item then keep the
    Base UOM on the item card to Each
    Sale UOM on the Item card to Dozen

and it will defauly to DOZEN automatically on the sales order.

as long as the cost & price is based on EACH then it will automatically calculate correctly for Dozen, Case or whatever other UOM you set up.[/quote]
  • omardomard Member Posts: 20
    allow me a suggestion

did you try using the item selling prices (ie go to item card, click sales button, select prices). This function allows you to assign prices per unit of measure ... we used for a client of ours that uses different UOM per items (both sales and purchases) and it worked quite well :)

hope it does the same for you

Regards

Omar
    let's navigate!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Unfortunately, my standard cost is base on DZ. My selling price is base on EACH ( which means something different for each item).

in the future if you set your cost to the lowest uom (each) you will have no problems converting upwards and rounding will not be a problem.

Setting the base UOM to each for Cost & Price ans entering the cost & price AS a single unit (each) is the best way IMHO.

Never tried it but I guess you could set your UOM of EACH to .08333

usually if we make an error on the Base UOM - we just create a new number and do it correctly - saves alot of headaches
    Thanks Omar for suggestion.

Yes I though already of that solution but for each customer the selling price is base on EA which means something for each of them so my client doesnt want to create lots of selling prices for all types of combination of units of measure.

That's why they wanto keep same unit of measure EA for Base uOM and Selling UOM. Probleme is my standard cost is base on DZ UOM.

I think the best way will be to change the Base UOM to DZ but they also manipulate only EA or BOX in warehouse never DZ.

So that'e my dilemma.
    omard wrote:
    allow me a suggestion

did you try using the item selling prices (ie go to item card, click sales button, select prices). This function allows you to assign prices per unit of measure ... we used for a client of ours that uses different UOM per items (both sales and purchases) and it worked quite well :)

hope it does the same for you

Regards

Omar
    w
    Hi savatage. Thanks for suggestion.

In fact my lowest UOM is not EA it's DZ but EA is used in the warehouse and inventory to count items. All items are counted in EA .
    My point is if I use EA as UOM which is what my client want, it's false as all standard costs are base on DZ not EA ( EA is a UOM which is different from one item to another and also from one customer to another).

So I think I will stay with DZ as Base UOM ( so my standard cost will be right) and I will use EA as selling UOM which is differenet. Bref this is my dilemma the fact that selling UOM is so different ( they have all types of combinations ) for pricing.
    Thanks
    Savatage wrote:

in the future if you set your cost to the lowest uom (each) you will have no problems converting upwards and rounding will not be a problem.

Setting the base UOM to each for Cost & Price ans entering the cost & price AS a single unit (each) is the best way IMHO.

Never tried it but I guess you could set your UOM of EACH to .08333

usually if we make an error on the Base UOM - we just create a new number and do it correctly - saves alot of headaches