Item Tracking error

reemareema Member Posts: 255
Hello Experts,
I have done this setups for the item 80103-T in Cronus databse sp3 version.
That item is 80103-t . Item Tracking code = SNALL
Serial No = SN1.
I created a sales order for this item 10.
When I go to the sales line – item tracking line that I select assign serial no , then it created serial numbers.
When I try to post sales order I am getting error

Item Tracking Serial No. Lot No. M0001 for Item No. 70066 Variant cannot be fully applied.

In the Item Tracking code card I have placed a check marks for only serial No Tab.
I did not place any check for the tab Lot No. why I am getting this error.
Please throw some explanation on this .

Thanks and regards.
reema

Comments

• darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Check below points,

1. If you have entered 10 Sr. Nos in Item tracking form

2. If you have entered 10 in Qty to ship in sales line
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Namaste darshnam,

I done both the things successfully.
    Even i am getting the error.

Kindly help me.....................

thanks
    reema
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You have a serial number that is alrady selected on another transaction somewhere but is unposted. You need to find this and remove it to allow the application to take place. Try looking in the tracking specification table for the serial number causing you an issue.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • DevaDeva Member Posts: 34
    Hi

While you are doing a sales transaction, dont try the option of "Functions --> Assign Serial No" on the Item Tracking Lines Form.

I tried to simulate the same scenario and create a sale order for the same item and assigned serial number and posted the order and it threw me the same error.

I made a positive adjustment for the Item (coz the Item was had Zero Inventory Qty) using Item Journal and assigned serial numbers and brought some Inventory Quantity for that Item.

In the Sales Order -> Item Tracking Lines - Select the existing Serial Numbers from the "Item tracking Summary Form" - . Thereby this ensures that the items are selected from the existing Inventory (Item tracked enties).

Try to post the sales order this time and it would work fine.

regards,
    deva