routing changes after first run

ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
Hi... I don't even know what I would search the forum to find this...

the first prod. order for a part should include designing + programming, but after that it will never be necessary again. Is there built in functionality in Nav to accomodate this situation?

Otherwise, I either change the routing linked to the item (delete the design + programming steps) after creating a prod. order. BUT then a refresh would update w/ wrong routing (right?). And if the order gets deleted then its screwed up also. OR we have an item property (boolean 'new'), or a duplicate item with NEW in name... I can't seem to think of an elegant solution.

Answers

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Not sure what your real issue is here, so here are some options:

You can set the routing to under development and delete the design and programming steps, then recertify it. Not sure why you are then refreshing the order, just leave it as it is. Alternatively you could create a new routing and alter this against the item record. A third option is to create a routing version, this is probably what you want, the new version removes the original stages although the original version still has them and then you move forward with routing version control. If you create versions at the outset the refresh is also not an issue, as you are creating a new version so the old version will not be refreshed. Hope this makes sense!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    Adam

yes I believe that routing versions are exactly what I am looking for.

btw to clarify I did not want to refresh order, but I was thinking what if a user did...

thanks so much