States of production order

rohit_kumarrohit_kumar Member Posts: 4
I would like to know what is the objectives behind having three states of prod. order(Planned PO, Firm Planned PO, Released PO) and how can i utilize/exploit these in better manner. I am new to this community so hoping i will be provided with satisfactory answers.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Released are on the shop floor, they are being worked on or scheduled for work. Firm planned is an intention to make and the components are seen in planning, and I beleive the capacity is planned as well. A planned order is just that, nothing much happens but it is an intention of doing some work, although I believe capacity is planned, but it is not used as a firm place holder like the firm planned order.

The planned order is what can be created directly from a sales order, whilst from the Planning Worksheet you choose the status. If you have planned orders and you re-run the plan these are deleted and replanned, firmed orders are not.

You also have 2 other orders you do not mention: Simulated & Finished.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • rohit_kumarrohit_kumar Member Posts: 4
    First of all i would like to give lot of Thanks to u Adam for your reply , would u plz suggest me how these states will be helpful for my production plan. Here i am clarifying the business process upto some extent. First we receive the Monthly Indent (Tentative Sales Demand and it is mapped to a blanket sales order in navision) from our customers and on behalf of this indent we calculate the material requirement and then making the production schedules accordingly for that month. These indents can be revised in the mddle or anytime in the month . I can't understand how to map these all activities and generate a production plan in advance for that month, onto navision itself. If u provide me the way out of these scenarios , it will obviously great for me.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Transpose the requirements from the blanket order into a forecast and use the forecast in planning which will suggest planned orders and then the materials to purchase for them.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen