how to add customized table of content into Navision help?

luvsnowluvsnow Member Posts: 8
after running gate successfully, i can see the online help while i click F1 inside Navision.
however, i couldnt see it in Navision standard Table of contens .

i thought both base and customized on line help are modular, the customized online help should be able to plug into the base application help by running gate.

did i miss something?
Thanks for your help

Comments

• luvsnowluvsnow Member Posts: 8
    I have some custom HTML Help that I’ve created using RoboHelp. I’ve then compiled it with the GATE tool so that I can link it into my Navision application. I am now able to see my field-level Help for example by pressing F1 from a custom field.

However I do have a problem with the Table of Contents. When I press F1, from the standard Navision Help screen, there is a “Contents” TAB which contains entries such as “Welcome to Microsoft Dynamics NAV Help”, “General Ledger”, “Fixed Assets”, etc. I was hoping to see my own entry at the end of this list, for example: “Custom Application”, but I don’t see that.

If anybody has any ideas on how to resolve this, please let me know.
    Thanks for your help
  • SobyOneSobyOne Member Posts: 20
    The RoboHelp solution is a very difficult road.

You will be lucky to complete the help solution inside of the next year due to the required demand placed on the Help solution and Navision merge/compile process.

Basically, there is exactly 1 additional help directory allowed. It's specific to Navision and it must have the exact name found in the readme. You must also export the compiled objects and use the tool to extract the context IDs and use them in your help solution.

I have never seen anyone complete the project successfully. If you happen to make it work, please let me know.

Your best bet is to use the custom help section of the standard solution. All it requires is a UNC reference in the setup and all the clients will auto-merge the help with standard functionality.

The down side is the context sensitive nature of help will not allow for completely custom objects in this standard solution.
    _\~ () ]3 `/ () |\| [-
    http://www.SobyLand.com
    651-815-0698
  • luvsnowluvsnow Member Posts: 8
    thanks for your reply. i think i finish robohelp & gate development and the whole project just waiting for the tech. writer to finish writing and some HTML formating.
    i would like to give all people who is working on it or will work on it some confidence. it could be done! and u will have fun on it.
    SobyOne wrote:
    The RoboHelp solution is a very difficult road.

You will be lucky to complete the help solution inside of the next year due to the required demand placed on the Help solution and Navision merge/compile process.

Basically, there is exactly 1 additional help directory allowed. It's specific to Navision and it must have the exact name found in the readme. You must also export the compiled objects and use the tool to extract the context IDs and use them in your help solution.

I have never seen anyone complete the project successfully. If you happen to make it work, please let me know.

Your best bet is to use the custom help section of the standard solution. All it requires is a UNC reference in the setup and all the clients will auto-merge the help with standard functionality.

The down side is the context sensitive nature of help will not allow for completely custom objects in this standard solution.
    Thanks for your help