REPORT & ANALYSIS MODELS WITHIN NAVISION 4.0

XANAFPXANAFP Member Posts: 3
Hi,
I am a newcomer in the forum as well as within the community of Microsoft.
I take in charge all marketing operations and statistics about our customer portfolio. My company implemented NAV 4.0 since january 2007 in complete version with CRM functions. I am not conversant with Navision tool and there is no project manager internally who managed the project but it seems to me that many parameters of the standard version are not correctly installed by our partner.
This one is not aware of many matters like analysis & report, synchronisation with outlook, business notifications... In fact, business notification is not installed; I cannot access to object design as to use report models; and when I go to Sales & Marketing/ Report & Analysis/ Analysis Report I cannot access to any report model as to guide me in the creation of statistics.
Is it normal? Where do I access to report models? How can I verify if this function is fully and correctly installed?
Thank you for your back up and help,

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    That you have NAV installed doesn't mean that all functionality is available for you. It depends on what your company bought. You need to take you "order" or "contract" where is written what you bought and this will be the base for you. Than you can try to use each area you bought if it is working. I recommend to do that hand in hand with someone who understand the system (from your partner or someone independent if you want).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from Navision Attain forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• XANAFPXANAFP Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your advice. I confirm you that we bought NAV 4.0 SP3 in its whole version and that some functionalities have not been installed : Business notification (it seems there is a problem during the installation which is not yet solved), object designer,... and some we have no idea it can exist.
    In fact, as nobody take in charge internally the project and NAV is not correctly used by our different services because of a lack of training, noone can answer to me concerning what is missing and ....
    So I just want to know if when I go to navigation panel in Sales & Mark/ Report & analysis/ report models/ I normally have the standard report models or not?
    Thank you for your reply,