Nav 5.0 client accessing Nav3.7 server

ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
Hi

is It possible to access Nav 3.7 server with Nav5.0 client. Is it possible to have mixed configuration. If it is possible could you please tell the procedure for this

Thanks and Regards
Ajay
Ajay

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Server and Client must have same version. You cannot combine two versions on one DB. But why you need that?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Not possible. When you open a 3.7 database with a 5.0 client, it will either error out, or it will convert the database to the latest version.
  • ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
    Hi Kine

One of our clients has sent the reuqirements , saying that they are using Nav 5.0 Client with Nav 3.7 server mixed configuration. I don't know how they are using that kind of mixed configuration.
    Ajay
    May be that they though that they are using 3.70 objects with NAV 5.0 client. This is possible (it is "Technical upgrade").
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
    if that is the case, is it possible to use Nav 5.0 client to access 3.7 server.
    Ajay
  • hawwahawwa Member Posts: 106
    After the technical upgrade, 3.7 clients cannot open the DB anymore. All clients must change to 5.0
    ajaybabuCh wrote:
    if that is the case, is it possible to use Nav 5.0 client to access 3.7 server.

No, during the process, the server must be upgraded to 5.0 too...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.