Intercompany Transactions in 5.0 [solved]

MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
I've attempted to be helpful to others on documentation requests in the past and I'd be really (really) grateful if someone could help me out this one.

Until now, I've been shielded from intercompany ops, but am now facing a deadline to teach intercompany transactions in 5.0.

Documentation for 4.0 seems to work for consolidations, but not for intercompany bookings. Also, searching here, I'm led to believe the functionality did change from 4.0 to 5.0, but I can't find any paperwork on it at PartnerSource or elsewhere. And in my case, I need the whole course... not just the changes.

Many thanks to whomever can point me in the right direction.

mw
I despise animal testing. They get all nervous and give the wrong answers.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Chapter 10 of the Financials 5.0 book should do it.

We don't have a partner service plan yet, or I'd link you right to it. You should be able to navigate to it through the certifications pages if the search doesn't find it.
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    'the Financials 5.0 book' ... theres a book?

I've been struggling here with 5.0 and very little documentation. Can you elaborate as to which book is this?

Ian
    Thanks for that. I hadn't come across the customersource site before.

I dug through the site and downloaded a load of stuff which I now have to read. However nothing looks like 'the financials book'.

Sorry to have to be difficult but where on earth is this book?

Thanks

Ian
  • SobyOneSobyOne Member Posts: 20
    Customer Source is a Subscription service for current NAV customers only (See your VAR for more information). You would be looking for the information under the "training" section.
    _\~ () ]3 `/ () |\| [-
    http://www.SobyLand.com
    651-815-0698
    That would explain it. We're a partner and I have access to pretty much everything, except the training section. I'll have to look into getting access to that tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all the help.
  • MW59MW59 Member Posts: 85
    Thanks everyone... I was unaware of that resource.

mw
    I despise animal testing. They get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
    This seems to be something common with navision. The contrast with pretty much any other MS product is quite stark. Disorganised, poor comunication, lack of documentation, minimal localisation, slow to react to market changes..... or at least thats my impression from working with Navision for a short time. Who knows I may change my mind in the coming months.

At least the product seems to be quite good.