Reordering policy - Maximum Inventory

austinaustin Member Posts: 191
Hi,
I am a new bee to navision. I am focusing to learn navision. I could not understand about these planning tab of Item Card.Just throw one example.
If I select Reordering policy is Maximum Inventory what are the fields I need to fill .

I know about Safety stock wty, reorder point, reorder qty.
I could not understand these fieds Maximum Inventory, Minimum Order qty,Maximum Order qty.

Please explain about these fields. How to work with maximum inventory policy. Ar what condition we use this.

Thanks and regards

Comments

• hawwahawwa Member Posts: 106
    Maximum Inventory is the maximum quantity you want to keep in your inventory. Navision will use this field to calculate the quantity to be replenished in order for the inventory to reach maximum if you choose Maximum Quantity in Reordering Policy.

Minimum Order Quanitty is the minimum quantity to be purchased at purchase order. You cannot set a quantity in purchase order line that is smaller than the Minimum Order Quantity.

Maximum Order Quanitty is the maximum quantity to be purchased at purchase order. You cannot set a quantity in purchase order line that is greater than the Maximum Order Quantity.
  • austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    Thank you very much Hawwa,

I want know how the scenario works, that’s why I fill some fields in Planning Tab.
    But I am not getting the accurate values.
    I am giving the examples.
    I created one item A. I have Inventory = 50.
    For this item Reordering policy = Maximum Inventory
    Safety stock = 10
    Maimum Inventory = 20
    Minimum Order qty = 50
    Maximum order qty = 80.
    Now I created a sales order for this item 300.
    When run the Req.Worksheet System is calculating only 50.
    Why? What is the mistake ?

Thanks and regards
    Experts please throw some information....................
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Your post makes no sense - you have a maximum inventory of 20 and a minimum order quantity of 50 - when on earth are you ever going to achieve this? :D

So ignoring your settings describe in words what you are trying to achieve. Then perhaps some settings could be given to achieve this.

Do you know what the maximum policy is trying to achieve?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Mr. Adam,

I am fresher to navision . I am working on this planning tab.
    So Actually i dont know about the process. So that filled some fields.
    So leave about my issue.
    Please explain about Maximum Inventory. when can we use Maximum Inventory for a firm.If i select maximum Policy what are the fields i have to fill .
    Please throw u r valuable solution to me.

thanks and regards.
    Well it is where you want to order up to a maximum amount of the product as the ordering characteristics of the item lead to this. The fields you have to fill in again depend upon what you want to see when the order is planned., these are the order modifiers, the order multiples etc. You will simply need to start simple, just a maximum inventory setting, have no stock and then load a sales order and see what happens, then you can start entering in the other fields and seeing how it affects your ordering suggestions.
    Thanks Mr. Steven.

I am following u r suggestion.
    I created one item A. That ‘s inventory is 200. Location Is blue.
    I have component at location is Blue.
    Reordering Policy – Maximum Inventory
    Maximum Inventory = 300
    Now I created one sales order for the above item Qty = 400.
    Now I run the Req.Worksheet . it is showing only one line with the 500 qty. It’s ok.
    Now I filled two fields those are minimum order qty = 50 ,Maximum order qty = 150.
    So I have Maximum Inventory = 300, minimum order qty = 50 ,Maximum order qty = 150.
    And the sales order qty = 400
    Now I run Req.Worksheet . It is showing two lines with the Qty = 150, qty 150.
    Why it is showing only 300. It has to show 500.
    Please let me know what is the problem.

Thanks and regards
    So why are you setting an order maximum?

Whilst it does not work, it does not surprise me because depending upon the settings the maximum one really is a pain. I believe Microsoft also do not advise you use the maximum and minimum quantities with this policy! Anyway report it as a bug, or set the order multiple up!
    Thank u very much Adam,

So iam requesting U . Leave my example .Please tell what are fields do i need to fill when i select Maximum Policy. ?

what is the use Order multiple set up.?

thanks and regards
    The order multiple sets the quantity, or multiple of, the order is replenished in.

In your example I would set Maximum Inventory to 300 and order multiple to 50.