Check Ledger Entry for Cash Receipt

shankar25_12_82shankar25_12_82 Member Posts: 45
Hi Guys,

I need to create a cheque ledger entry for the customer cash receipt, but i checked the system, as per standard only the cheques which we are issues only we can able to keep track of it, but i want the customer check also want to keep track of it, like if the customer pay's the amount through cheque then i need to create a check ledger entry, later if the customer cheque is voided, then i can do the void easily by standard functionality and i can put the another cheque easily, is there any workaround to do this or else i have to do the customization. Please guide me on this.

Help me to resolve this issue will be much appreciated.

Regards
Shankar R

Comments

• Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    Hi Shankar, Forgive my honesty, but what you're proposing is kind of crazy. I think you really need to do a better design. Why not just reverse the transaction after the Cash Receipt is posted, or write a Void function that does the same thing. It seems way too much work to hijack the check ledger connection to the bank account for checks you haven't written.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • shankar25_12_82shankar25_12_82 Member Posts: 45
    Thanks Dave, =D>

But I want to know one thing, whether Navision will create a cheque ledger entry for the cash receipt (manual cheques not the computer cheques). If so please help me, how to create ??, because im creating the cash receipt journal automatically. I need to write a code accordingly.

Regards
    Shankar R