Job Scheduler in Nav 5.0 no work..??

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
hi all,
I'm running nav5 native db in my pc and i'm trying to test/use the feature of job scheduler. I noted that in order to use the feature v need to install application server, so when installing that time it's prompt me for services name, i've no idea what to enter[so i juz entered my pc name].

Unfortunately, my job scheduler is not working ...although i already install application server for it...Plz advise...thx in advance...

Regards,
teckpoh

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    After installing the NAS, you need to configure it (under which account is the service running, startup parameter) - have you do that?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    Hi Kine,

How to do that and where to insert the parameter? n wat parameter should i insert?
    See file w1w1atas.pdf in the doc folder of NAV install CD for "how to set up NAS". You need to use "JOBQUEUE" as a startup parameter.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    the problem solved...when i manually run the codeunit 448 Job queue dispacher b4 enter the info in job queue entries form. :)

Dear expert,
    Y every time the job scheduler trigger the microsoft fax when start time for job sceduler begun...? it's seem like job scheduler trying to fax out my report instead of juz running it.... Do i need to change the config in certain setup? Plz advise ...thx.
    If the report is set as ProcessingOnly=No, than primary function of this report is to print something. If you just needs processing data, set the property to Yes and the report will not print (you need to remove all sections from the report in this case too).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.