Item Tracking Codes

reemareema Member Posts: 255
Hi experts
In item Card we have a tab Item Tracking.
Code Description
FREEENTRY Free entry of tracking
LOTALL Lot specific tracking
LOTALLEXP Lot specific tracking, manual Expiration
LOTSNSALES Lot specific SN Sales Tracking
SNALL SN specific tracking
SNSALES SN Sales tracking

In item tracking codes we above codes. I could understand about LOTALL, SNALL, LOTSNSALES.
But I could not understand these FREEENTRY, LOTALLEXP, SNSALES.
So could u throw some suggestions on this how to use at what condition we use this.

What is use of Expiration calculation. At what conditions we can use this ?

Thanks and regards
reema

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Please remember these are simply examples - do you have a BLUE warehouse?

Freeentry has nothing set, theoretically you can record this at any point. Why you would want this I am not sure, but it is there, it is flexible!

LotallExp is the same as the Lot one you understand, the difference is you manually define the expiry date each time rather than the system calcualting it. This is valid in incoming goods where you have no control over the dates and there is no defined period of expiry through your door due to the expiry coming from the end of suppliers production.

SnSales is only interested in the creation of a serial number at the point of sales transacting. This means they can never trace it back to source and internal movements are irrelevant so they do away with the processing overhead, but the customer requires a serial number, and it can act as a proof of delivery during a warranty or service claim.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen