Options

New Partner Source

NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
edited 2008-04-15 in General Chat
I saw that they have updated Partner source.

Have they tested it with Firefox??? Off course Not!!!

Is this what MS means by openness and standard complaint?

New feature they've added is RSS. I tried to add it to Google reader, guess what? It doesn’t work.

I also saw news on 5.0 Sp1 that it doesn't need a new upgrade toolkit and you can use the old.
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

So why don't they update this page

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false
my 2 cents

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I am using IE Tabs in firefox and set it up that *.microsoft.com is opening in IE tab automatically... I never expected that MS sites will be non-IE compatible... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    My point is that they released marketing BS about being startd compliant and open, but I guess I shouldn't expect anything else.
    my 2 cents
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    <rant>

The best solution is to Upgrade to Fire Fox ver 3. if you think the move from FF 1.4 to 2.0 was bad just try this. Once you install FF3 you will hate it so much that you will want to move to IE anyway.

I used to use IE tabs in Fire Fox way back when FF was actually a good browser, but now its just a memory hog and sooooooo slow, that I am slowly moving back to IE.

My Machiavellian nature wonders is FF was no some bizarre conspiracy to boost the opinions of IE.

Now having said all that, and as much as I am starting to hate Fire Fox, I think for the first time EVER I do actually agree with NAV student, that the MS sites do need to be more open to other browsers.

It reminds me of the time I was installing Word on OS2/warp in a Win-OS/2 session, and I get a prompt that says "Upgrade OS/2 to DOS 6.22 Yes/No".

Oh and now we have silver light. Considering that it should be punishable by death by flogging for anyone to develop a web site with Flash, what more torturous punishment can we find for developers that develop in Silver Light.

</rant>
    David Singleton
  • Options
    One suggestion David don't install pre-release version of FF.
    Wait till june when ff 3 is out.
    As far as memory concerned, there was a recent test done on FF 3 and other browers and FF uses less memory.

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/04/02/187252

http://blog.pavlov.net/2008/03/11/firef ... ory-usage/
    my 2 cents
  • Options
    infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
    <rant>

The best solution is to Upgrade to Fire Fox ver 3. if you think the move from FF 1.4 to 2.0 was bad just try this. Once you install FF3 you will hate it so much that you will want to move to IE anyway.

I used to use IE tabs in Fire Fox way back when FF was actually a good browser, but now its just a memory hog and sooooooo slow, that I am slowly moving back to IE.

My Machiavellian nature wonders is FF was no some bizarre conspiracy to boost the opinions of IE.

Now having said all that, and as much as I am starting to hate Fire Fox, I think for the first time EVER I do actually agree with NAV student, that the MS sites do need to be more open to other browsers.

It reminds me of the time I was installing Word on OS2/warp in a Win-OS/2 session, and I get a prompt that says "Upgrade OS/2 to DOS 6.22 Yes/No".

Oh and now we have silver light. Considering that it should be punishable by death by flogging for anyone to develop a web site with Flash, what more torturous punishment can we find for developers that develop in Silver Light.

</rant>

FF problem in version 2 is memory problems. It is memory intensive.
    With FF3 (still in beta), it is much faster, since they solved many problems.

Along with Opera, it is the most standards complaint browser.
    IE8 (which is also in beta), is finally standard complaint, though there is an IE7 'emulation' feature.

In production environments, however stick with IE7 and FF.