SureStep with NAV Projects

AbacusAbacus Member Posts: 4
Hi Guys,

I know there have been some discussions in the past on this but since Microsoft's promoting it a lot now, I wanted to understand a few aspects of it.
1) RIM for NAV -
a)Is it a part of SureStep, I see them as two different set of tools.
b) I see that thre are a few preset industry templates, example furniture, can I create my own industry templates like for engineering services etc.

2) I uderstand that SureStep is a methodology framework but I saw Cost Budget reports and connection to analysis report server installed which now makes me think that it's more of a project management tool as well, is this true. can I keep track of my project progress with Surestep, can my different employees login with their respective security

Thanks

Ab

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    SureStep - it is really the methodology with some "tools" which can help you to use it in your projects. Nothing more, nothing less. You can take it as a template for creating own methodology...

RIM - a way how to implement NAV (SureStep include two different projects, you can do when implementing NAV - RIM or full implementation). You can define own templates if you want, but how to do that will be hard, because there is no "step by step" manual for that and you will need deep knowledge of RIM, XML etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.