Navision crash

Simo_baSimo_ba Member Posts: 78
The problem is that somehow Navision changes the installation files from the C:\Program File\MBS\Client folder to the C:\. That is the reason why Navision wants to reinstall itself. And each time we open a Navision session (4 on this computer) or reinstall it, it creates several files many times. Eventually, it loads the hard drives to the max
can someone help please
thanks

Comments

• Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    I have installed Navision 1000 times. It does not do these odd things. Look at your network setup. Have you got some kind of floating profiles, or overtight security? Are you overriding default setups? Whatever it is, it's not Navision.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I have installed Navision 1000 times. It does not do these odd things. Look at your network setup. Have you got some kind of floating profiles, or overtight security? Are you overriding default setups? Whatever it is, it's not Navision.

:-$ I have probably installed Navision a lot more than that :wink: , and I HAVE seen funny things like this happen. You are sort of right, that it does depend on the environment, security etc, but most importantly the version of Navision. But isn't it then that the installer was not tested thoroughly enough in enough configurations?

A few issues come to mind. 3.60 and 3.70A were notorious for the installation problems related to permissions and mappings. And there was that horrible problem in 2.00 where it put the "" (double double quotes) around the database name which then gave the error message about commit cache. Then there was that issue I am sure every one remembers with 3.55 when the US version expanded teh database, and needed a third floppy, and sometimes it got in a loop asking for Floppy #2.

Although I agree that there is a lot more than just Navision to look at, its also necessary to cover all bases.
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Simo_ba wrote:
    The problem is that somehow Navision changes the installation files from the C:\Program File\MBS\Client folder to the C:\. That is the reason why Navision wants to reinstall itself. And each time we open a Navision session (4 on this computer) or reinstall it, it creates several files many times. Eventually, it loads the hard drives to the max
    can someone help please
    thanks

Try to uninstall first, and install it from scratch. And for starting the nav use own shortcut you will create instead the shortcuts from Start menu...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Make sure you are installing as the local administrator (or equivilent). I have seen odd behavior when Navision (or other apps) are installed by a user that is not a member of the computer's local administrator group.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.