CodeUnit 412, Common Dialog Management

jsnayberkjsnayberk Member Posts: 58
The above CodeUnit gives acces to the OCX Microsoft Common Dialog Control, version 6.0.
So far, so good.
Can anybody give me a hint how to get the information out of this OCX which button the user has pressed when closing the dialog, i.e. "Save" or "Cancel"?

Thanks.
--
Josef Snayberk

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    If they click Save, then you get a File path & name. If they hit Cancel you get the DefaultName value returned. (No matter what they may input into the filename field.)

CLEAR(dfltName);
    //or dlftName := 'whatever-you-want';
    Result := cdm.OpenFile([Caption],dfltName,
                           [ (1),Text(2),Excel(3),Word(4),Custom(5)],
                           [Filter],[Open(1),Save(2)]);

IF Result<>dfltName THEN
      //Open or Save
    ELSE
      //Cancel

• jsnayberkjsnayberk Member Posts: 58
    Yeah,

I just tried to find a way without having to deal with this Default File Name, because if the user presses "Cancel", I don´t want to do anything with the Default File Name either. So I expect to recieve an empty File Name when the user presses "Cancel" regardless if there´s a Default File Name set or not set.

But, may be, I think to complicated.
    --
    Josef Snayberk
  • XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    jsnayberk wrote:
    Yeah,

I just tried to find a way without having to deal with this Default File Name, because if the user presses "Cancel", I don´t want to do anything with the Default File Name either. So I expect to recieve an empty File Name when the user presses "Cancel" regardless if there´s a Default File Name set or not set.

But, may be, I think to complicated.

The example I posted sets the defaultname variable to '' using CLEAR(). So if they click cancel you will get a resultant of ''.