Requisition worksheet and Reorder point

RickardRickard Member Posts: 14
I have a problem with Navision version 4.00:

When using calculate plan in Requisition worksheet, Navision suggests the quantity I have entered as Reorder point on the Item card, but I want it to suggest the difference between Inventory and Reorder point.

For example: on one article I have an inventory of 560 and Reorder point 600 (Reordering policy is Maximum Qty). I want Navision to suggest a qty of 40 when I run Calculate Plan, but it suggests a qty of 600. Why is this?

Answers

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    If you use reorder point without reorder quantity then the suggested quantity is reorder point. If you want the difference you should set the field reordering policy to "Maximum Qty." and enter 600 in the field maximum inventory instead of in the field reorder point. Look at the help for field maximum inventory.

If I put Reorder Point 0 and Maximum Inventory 600, Calculate Plan will not suggest anything until I put more on sales order than the inventory is. For example, if I have an inventory of 560 and put 570 on sales order, it will suggest that I purchase 10. But I want it to suggest 40, even if nothing is on sales order right now.

What can be wrong?
  • mariuspmariusp Member Posts: 5
    Hello there!

Try to set Safety Stock Qty = 600 on your item card (and on your stockkeeping unit if you are using any).
    This should work...
  • RickardRickard Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the tip, but if i set Safety Stock Qty 600, when running Calculate plan the result will be 600 still, not 40. I am not using Stockkeeping units.

Any other suggestions?
  • mariuspmariusp Member Posts: 5
    Do you have any other planning settings for this item? I have only set up Safety stock Qty and all other parameters are 0...
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    What is the reorder policy and settings you are using, it is not clear, and without them it is difficult to comment why it is behaving like it is.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Rickard wrote:
    Thanks for the tip, but if i set Safety Stock Qty 600, when running Calculate plan the result will be 600 still, not 40. I am not using Stockkeeping units.

Any other suggestions?

your setting should be

Reorder Policy - Maximum Qty.

Safety stock = the level you want it to hit to cause an order. so if you always want 600, set safety stock to 599, so every time you go sell one it will trigger an order

Set Maximum Inventory to 600

Now, the requisition worksheet won't trigger an order until there is a demand, even if the current stock is below your safety stock level, so to test it out, put 10 on a sales order with an estimated shipment date of today (just to make sure the system see the demand)

now run your requisition worksheet, making sure to set the on the option tab you have and order and ending date in the future. like tomorrow.
    themave:
    When I put Safety Stock Quantity 599 and Reorder Point 600 and run Calculate Plan, the result is two lines; one with qty 599 and one with qty 1. Strange...

I have tried this in Navision 4.03, and there I can get the result I want. If I have an item with inventory 10 and Reorder point 100, when running Calculate Plan the result is 90, as I wanted.

My settings are (in both 4.00 and 4.03):
    Reordering Policy: Maximum Qty
    Include Inventory: Yes
    Reserve: Optional
    Order tracking Policy: None
    Reorder point: 100 (in this case)
    Everything else on Planning tab is empty, 0 or No.

I have also tried importing the report "Calculate Plan - Req. Wksh." from 4.03 into 4.00, but the same result.
    Can you explain to me why you are using the policy of Maximum when you have no maximum quantity set?

I am a little unclear as to what you are trying to achieve, I will give an example and you tell me what you are trying to achieve!

I have stock of 100 and a reorder point of 80. An order comes in for 30 breaking the reorder point, are you :
    a) Wanting to see an order for 10?
    b) Wanting to see an order for 20?
    c) Wanting to see an order for 30?

I am just not sure what you mean when you want to include the difference between the reorder point and the inventory.

I would expect that to mean a) 10 as this is the difference between the projected inventory 70 and the reorder point 80.

If this was the case I would set the policy to fixed reorder as this would do what you want it to do, which brings me back to the original question of why you are using Maximum as a reordering policy. It is also the policy with the most issues (10 fold) over the other policies!
    Hi Adam,

You are correct, alternative a) is what I am trying to achieve.

I have now tried to set Reordering Policy: Fixed Reorder Policy and Reorder Point 600 (see my example above, inventory is 560), but when running Calculate Plan the result is still qty 600.
    You must either have a modification, a setup issue or a bug.

As standard when the reorder point is broken the system will plan to go back to it. This only changes with the variety of other fields affecting the suggested purchase, like the order multiple or reorder quantity etc.

So can you confirm your 560 is in the same location as the 600?
    You have confirmed that all other settings are blank, and you cannot untick the include inventory as this is non editable with this policy, so there should be nothing here. Also check you have no other demand on the item, like a transfer order. I would suggest you set up a completely new item and book in 600, have a reorder point of 600 and then load a sales order for 40 and run the plan. It should bring back a suggestion of 40! I presume you have no forecasting being consumed?

What version are you using? Standard UK 5 and 4 do not work in this manner in the simple setup I have described.
    It was a setup issue:

Manufacturing setup -> Components at location was empty.