Options

New Navision Training Book - Just published!!

Carol_CintronCarol_Cintron Member Posts: 6
edited 2008-04-14 in General Chat
I've just written a book on Navision Basics that is intended for beginning users. As an experienced trainer I put the answers and procedures that are always asked about.

Check it out and help me by telling anyone you know that could use it about my website and book.

http://www.third-dynamic.com
Carol Cintron
Author - Navision Building Block: Basics
www.third-dynamic.com

Comments

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Great effort, Carol =D> .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    If you put a sample chapter out there as a pdf, it would bring you more sales.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    It's a begginers guide I'm guessing on how to's.

How much does it differ from F1?
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    $60 maybe a good investment for a user who has just bought Navision and wants to get a jump ahead, but the contents and the page length, assuming there are some images or screen shots or chapter headings or page breaks, would seem to indicate this is done at a very high level, but well done for writing one, I wish you luck and if you are successful let me know and I will write one on manufacturing :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I agree. This looks like it is a very nice intro, and it's a subject that could really use a good book, but with this number of pages it probably doesn't go into any great detail. $60 is more than I would spend on this book. Most of the MS Press books that I have are around the $45 mark, and they usually have more than 500 pages, plus they include a CD with sample exercises. I would consider buying it if it were at the $20 mark.
  • Options
    Carol_CintronCarol_Cintron Member Posts: 6
    Thank you everyone for your input. All suggestions are well received.

This is a beginner’s book and in addition to being an orientation to Navision gives step by step instructions on some of the more common processes that the end user will encounter. Procedural help like this has always been sorely missing from the F1 help. When working in Navision often it is nice to have a written document that sits on your desk rather than toggle back and forth on screen.

The cost has not proven to be too high for the value being delivered throughout the book. Many of my customers initially purchased one book, after actually using it then bought multiple copies because it has proven to be an extremely useful tool.
    Carol Cintron
    Author - Navision Building Block: Basics
    www.third-dynamic.com
  • Options
    XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    The back of your book shows: www.thirddynamic.com

Stop the presses! :wink:
  • Options
    The cost has not proven to be too high for the value
    My wife will tell you I am cheap :mrgreen:
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I've just written a book on Navision Basics that is intended for beginning users. As an experienced trainer I put the answers and procedures that are always asked about.

Check it out and help me by telling anyone you know that could use it about my website and book.

http://www.third-dynamic.com

Carol, Great stuff, and well done.

Many people don't see just how small the Navision book market is, and thus how much work is involved for such little return. I my self started to write a book about getting started with Navision, but quickly realized how much work it is, and how little people are willing to pay for it.

I think $60 is dirt cheap, if you think that each book only needs to save about 15 minutes of consulting time to pay for it self, then customers should quickly see the value in buying it. (Of course I have not read it, so I am hoping its a good book).

Well done and keep up the great work. And I hope you sell thousands of them.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    It's all a point of reference isn't it. Compared to other 500 page $45 computer books with accompanying CD's and online material it is much more expensive. On the other hand, it is less expensive than 15 minutes of classroom training. Plus, the official MS material is incredibly overpriced, and it's not like there are many others to choose from :).

Just to be clear Carol, I do think it is great that you wrote the book, and I do hope you sell them in bunches, I have already sent someone to your website. Like I said a starter book about this subject from a user perspective is much needed.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142