Application Server: Multiple Companies, Instances, etc..

mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
Hello,

I need a solution, in which Application Server is used to exchange data bettween Navision and external software. I have it working, however i need it to be done for multiple companies in Navision. Does that mean that I need a new AS instance for each company?

If so, then does each AS instance I buy require an additional user seat?

Thanks.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Optimal is to have one NAS for one company
    2) NAS server is using special "Application Server Session", not user session. You need to buy granule 1415 (one additional instance of NAS) or 1420 (100 additional instances of NAS) - but ask your partner about that...

3) There are ways how to use one NAS for more companies, you can search this forum, I know that somewhere is a thread about that...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    I guess it would be possible to use one NAS for multiple companies if it was just simple data, but the jobs need to create sales orders, and so on. CHANGECOMPANY won't help here..

I was aware, then the first AS session you get for free with license has it's own special session. I was just not sure if the additional AS sessions you buy will also come with these special sessions, or will they consume user ones. If latter, then its ok..
  • danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    see:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22633 or
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 349#110573

I'm using it with NAV4 with some modifications (like change the errorhandling)
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    for executing NAS,
    do we need this 1415 granule?
    what is the difference between 1415 and 1420 ?