Navision Application Server Installation Problem

JamieBrownJamieBrown Member Posts: 107
Hi,

Hopefully someone's come across this before...

I'm trying to install NAS 4.0 SP3 onto a fresh install of Win2003 Server R2. The installation runs through normally but stops at about 70% and just sits there doing nothing? The Status is blank so I'm unsure as to what it's trying install at that moment in time. I can click cancel and it prompts for confirmation, so the application hasn't hung...

This is driving me mad ](*,) ... I've obviously tried restarting the server numerous times and there's nothing in the event log, just the same everytime I try and install...

Any ideas?

Thanks is advance.

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    you can also install an NAS while copieng the files on the disk.

After this you install the nas in dos prompt

C:\YourNASFolder\nassql (or nas) appservername=YourNASServiceName,installasservice

The prarameters like database, company or Startupparameter you can define on mmc Snapin on NAS folder.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Sometime there is the "hanging" installation problem. Just install the latest .NET updates (I am not sure if 1.1 is enough or you need to install 2.0 too). After that the installation will work correctly.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • JamieBrownJamieBrown Member Posts: 107
    Thanks,

However, I'd already installed .NET 2.0 thinking it may have been the problem...

Garak, I have installed the service manually now (as per your instructions) and used the Snapin to configure as normal. The only problem now is in the eventvwr I get a warning of Could not load the selected type library.

thanks,
  • JamieBrownJamieBrown Member Posts: 107
    Problem fixed.. I reinstalled .NET 2.0 and it now installed perfectly.

Thanks guys.