Nav 3.7 problem with SQL Server 2005

ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
Hi

I have created the Navsion 3.7 database using SQL Server 2005. When I closed and again trying to open the database, It is giving the following error.

The session table contains a MBS Navision field data type which is not compatible with the SQL Server datatype.

Field : Wait Time(ms)
Type : Integer
SQL Type : BIGINT

can anybody give me the solution.

Thanks and Regards
Ajay
Ajay

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Use search...
    2) NAV 3.70 is not compatible with SQL 2005. You need at least NAV 4.00SP3 client to be fully compatible with SQL 2005...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ajaybabuChajaybabuCh Member Posts: 208
    is there any way to resolve the problem for the time being
    Ajay
    Technical upgrade to NAV 4.00SP3. It means installing new client everywhere, open the database by the new version. But you need to pay maintenance fee to have license able to run NAV 4.00 client...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    do you mean, Nav 4.0sp3 client with Nav3.7 server database
    Ajay
    ajaybabuCh wrote:
    do you mean, Nav 4.0sp3 client with Nav3.7 server database

Yes, but not with "3.70 server database" but "3.70 objects"... (because server is SQL) ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi Kine

Could you please tell me the procedure to use the SQL db only with Nav 3.7 objects. I created the Nav 3.7 demo database in SQL server 2005. I am trying to convert this using Dynamics Nav 5.0 , it is giving me the error about enumuserids and enumusergroups

Thanks and Regards
    Ajay
    Ajay
    You need to install the xp_ndo dll into the SQL folder. Search the forum or see the XP_NDO folder on the NAV install CD.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    i did that , otherwise it wouldn't allow me to create sql database for navision.But still getting error message while converting database to 5.0
    Ajay
    the following is the error while converting nav 3.7 db to Dynamics 5.0

2705,"42S21".[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'securityoption' in table 'dbo.$ndo$dbproperty' is specified more than once.

SQL :
    ALTER TABLE[dbo].[$ndo$dboproperty]ADD securityoption INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
    Ajay
  • BGIBGI Member Posts: 176
    This is well know, error is there because a prior upgrade didn't succeed.
    Go to sql2005 management studio, open tabel $ndo$dbproperty in your navision db and delete field securityoption, try upgrade again after this...
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens